Sunday 25 November 2012

Breakfast & English Muffins

These muffins almost became an in progress moment when I sat down and forgot
what I was doing thankfully the 'caramalised' muffin smell got my attention
 
When I woke up on Saturday I knew I wanted something nice for breakfast and decided that I'd either make muffins for breakfast or eggs Benedict, thought both may be too much so early.

I made half the recipe as I realised 20 muffins
might be too much for the two of us
 
I founds this recipe from AllRecipes for English muffins and decided these would be lovely with butter, fruit and a coffee... And they were!

When I was doing my shopping list I thought I should get something nice to go with them this morning (Sunday) I thought eggs Benedict but after Duff telling me on 'Best Thing I Ever Made' told me the first time I made hollandaise it would be crap, I thought I'd wait for a weekend when I had plenty time and eggs.


So then I thought Rachel Khoo's Croque Madame Muffins but because I had already made the English Muffins I looked at baked egg recipes on Pinterest and I found this recipe.

The baked eggs were SO easy and tasty I may leave out the Parmesan next time
as I used prosciutto and it is salty enough
 
I think these would be perfect for Christmas morning.. What do you normally have for breakfast on Christmas Day?




No comments:

Post a Comment