Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas Pudding Hats

I was really struggling with what to make for my friends' peerie boys this year, they are between 1 and 2, I couldn't come up with something exciting that would beat the sock zebras from last year.
 
First I cut out the fleece, I wanted a rounded hat that wasn't pointy so I made a template by card, there wasn't much thought that went into it I just made sure it was symmetrical and the correct size.
 

Then I used the same template to make the cream topping, making sure that the edges matched up.

 
I sewed the cream on around the bottom then matched 2 parts together and used my sewing machine to sew round one of the long sides
 
Sorry for the picture quality I didn't notice it till it was too late

Once all the pairs were sewn together i opened them up and sewed them together, then I created a hem.

The cream and holly leaves are made form felt and just hand sewn.

 
My favourite part of this process was learning how to make the pom poms, I had never done them before and it was made even more fun by watching Elf while I did them.

 
I attached the pom pom and tah dah!!!

I canna wait to see photos of the boys wearing them, I plan to make a tea cosy in a similar way and possibly some adult hats.
 
 
If anyone is interested in try it please let me know and I'll upload a template and more detailed instructions ... Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment