Saturday 19 January 2013

Monthly Macarons (January)

Heya, long time no blog. Sorry guys it feels like ages since I last blogged, no excuse just a busy time at work.
Macarons No. 1

So my new project for 2013 is my mission to master the Macaron. I have tried it twice before with varied success. The first ones I made were plain with a chocolate ganache, they looked and tasted good the only problem was that I did not make the almond meal fine enough (see above).

Then me an my sister tried wir hands at chocolate macarons, these also had a good consistency but when we put them in the oven they developed a load of air bubbles.

Macarons No. 2
 
If you haven't realised yet I am a bit of a perfectionist so I am really annoyed by my recent attempt, they tasted fab but they looked like I'd thrown them out wir second floor window. So I am now on a mission to perfect the macaron, I will try making them each month until I make the most 'awesomest' macarons ever. As I have tried these in Paris and LOVED them and want to take a little of that Parisian luxury to my flat in Orkney.

Macarons No. 3

Any advice would be greatly received xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment